Slarrow

"Slarrow" refers to the "slings and arrows of outrageous fortune" from Hamlet's soliloquy. Here are the chronicles of such darts and whatever attempt there may be to take arms against such a sea of troubles.

Name:
Location: Ozarks, United States

Sunday, May 22, 2005

What I've Missed

It's kind of odd, really. I haven't paid much attention to the Internet for about ten days now; I got laid off from my job and spent the time focusing on my next job search and home improvement projects. I'd really been spending way too much time on the 'Net anyway, but it wasn't any trouble at all to go several days without even turning on a computer.

I finally went online a little this weekend, and I found it interesting what I considered must-reads. Thus, the stuff I returned to after being blog-free for ten days:
Don't know if it has any significance that what I suspected to be the usual suspects didn't show up on my list (Say Anything, Powerline, Instapundit, Wizbang, Protein Wisdom, IMAO). Perhaps it's that those high-powered sites tend to be more of a time hog than others and thus lose out (due to my slow home connection, in part.) I wonder if there will be a trend in which audiences start fragmenting more as each individual site gets more prestiguous (and busy!) and consequently more expensive to peruse. Maybe that's worth more thinking and another post...but I've got other things to do now, so maybe there'll be time for that later. Maybe.

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home