Slarrow

"Slarrow" refers to the "slings and arrows of outrageous fortune" from Hamlet's soliloquy. Here are the chronicles of such darts and whatever attempt there may be to take arms against such a sea of troubles.

Name:
Location: Ozarks, United States

Tuesday, December 14, 2004

Homespun Slarrow

Well, I've joined Homespun Bloggers. Should be fun.

In case I get folks coming over to the house, a little about me: I live in the Missouri Ozarks near Branson. I'm a computer programmer/web guy with degrees in computer science and philosophy. I have a wife and baby son (the Bear.) I'll be 30 in February. I'm a fiscal and social conservative and a Republican (not necessarily the same thing.) I have this blog because I think it's fun to think and write about the stuff I do; if I didn't enjoy it, I wouldn't do it. By and large I do not take arguments personally, although I will cut off debate if it becomes about me personally instead of my ideas. I am patient and thorough and longwinded (very longwinded.)

I chose "Slarrow" because of the Hamlet reference and because I like the sound of it. I prefer the online handle instead of my real name because (a) knowing the web as I do, I know what's possible with identity tricks, and (b) it's fun. I like to think of myself as an Ozark Intellectual; for example, I can debate very extensively on topics like abortion and the death penalty and the ramifications and justifications for each, but I think it boils down to guilt and innocence, and I follow my intuitions on those factors.

I typically stay away from the computer on weekends, so beware if you ask an interesting question on Friday afternoon. I'm a St. Louis Cardinals fan. I don't watch much TV. I love to read; it is absolutely my favorite hobby, and I'm especially fond of fantasy fiction. (Lately I've been trawling through my Terry Pratchett again.) I have a waterfall on my place when the season's wet and a ton of work to do around here. I went deer hunting for the first time in my life this year and didn't get one; naturally, they're everywhere now. Curses. Wait until next year.

That's me in a nutshell, heavy on the nut. Welcome.

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home