Slarrow

"Slarrow" refers to the "slings and arrows of outrageous fortune" from Hamlet's soliloquy. Here are the chronicles of such darts and whatever attempt there may be to take arms against such a sea of troubles.

Name:
Location: Ozarks, United States

Friday, October 01, 2004

Wait A Second...No, Surely He Didn't...

Can this be right? I'm reading the transcript of last night's debate, and I've reached the part where Kerry rebuts the $87 billion for-against charge. From the Des Moines Register transcript:
KERRY: Well, you know, when I talked about the $87 billion, I made a mistake in how I talk about the war. But the president made a mistake in invading Iraq. Which is worse?

I believe that when you know something's going wrong, you make it right. That's what I learned in Vietnam. When I came back from that war I saw that it was wrong. Some people don't like the fact that I stood up to say no, but I did. And that's what I did with that vote. And I'm going to lead those troops to victory.
Oh, no. No. Don't tell me that John Kerry is equating voting against body armor and ammunition with slandering American serviceman and lending aid and comfort to the enemy? That his vote against the bill because it didn't raise taxes reminds him of tossing his medals/ribbons/honor over the White House fence? Is he saying he actually wants credit for this!?

On the other hand, both actions did show lack of support for our troops in a time of war. So maybe they're not that far removed after all.

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home