Slarrow

"Slarrow" refers to the "slings and arrows of outrageous fortune" from Hamlet's soliloquy. Here are the chronicles of such darts and whatever attempt there may be to take arms against such a sea of troubles.

Name:
Location: Ozarks, United States

Saturday, October 02, 2004

If Anyone's Interested...

Driving back from dropping my wife off for a school trip, I thought up the following commercial. Think it would be effective?

(BEGIN)

(Stock footage of U.S. soldiers fighting in Iraq) Voiceover: While our soldiers were fighting terrorists in a struggling Iraq, Congress voted for $87 billion in support.

(Cut to black screen, text in white letters: "John Kerry Voted No...") Voiceover: John Kerry voted no...

(Add additional text: "...but he didn't mean it?") Voiceover: But he didn't mean it?

(Cut to Kerry video clip) Kerry: "I actually voted for the $87 billion before I voted against it."

(Cut to black screen, text in white: "Now John Kerry says it was a "protest" vote.") Voiceover: Now John Kerry says it was a protest vote.

(Cut to video of Kerry in debate:) Kerry: "That's what I learned in Vietnam. When I came back from that war I saw that it was wrong. Some people don't like the fact that I stood up to say no, but I did."

(Cut to black screen, text in white: "Yes, he did.") Voiceover: Yes, he did.

(Cut to still photo of Kerry before Senate committee) Kerry Voiceover:" they had personally raped, cut off ears, cut off heads...shot cattle and dogs for fun, poisoned food stocks, and generally ravaged the country side of South Vietnam."

(Cut to video of Kerry in debate:) Kerry: "Some people don't like the fact that I stood up to say no, but I did. And that's what I did with that vote."

(Freeze image of Kerry in debate, fade image tones to black and white. After 3 seconds, display text in red letters: "Presidents don't protest.") Voiceover: Presidents don't protest.

(Fade image to black. When full black, white text: "Presidents lead.") Voiceover: Presidents lead.

(END)

So is this fair? Effective? Thoughts? Anyone with some video and sound savvy interested in putting it together?

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home