Slarrow

"Slarrow" refers to the "slings and arrows of outrageous fortune" from Hamlet's soliloquy. Here are the chronicles of such darts and whatever attempt there may be to take arms against such a sea of troubles.

Name:
Location: Ozarks, United States

Wednesday, August 25, 2004

There They Go Again

Apparently some Hollywood types have joined some music types in campaigning openly and harshly against the President of the United States. As Laura Ingraham says, shut up and sing!

I, too, have my own little thought on this. To that end, a poem I wrote (also found at Poets For The War.)

All The Plastic People

All the plastic people
Are strutting on parade.
Now they smile, now they chant,
Now they pitch their flags and
Proudly pin their ribbons.

All the plastic people
Pour their people slogans
Into their plastic ears
And sit back and revel
In the tinny echoes.

All the plastic people
Are droll and mock on cue.
Behind their words they say
The same thing, “Look at me!”
“Look at me! Look at me!”

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home