Slarrow

"Slarrow" refers to the "slings and arrows of outrageous fortune" from Hamlet's soliloquy. Here are the chronicles of such darts and whatever attempt there may be to take arms against such a sea of troubles.

Name:
Location: Ozarks, United States

Saturday, June 05, 2004

The President

Ronald Reagan has left us.

What a beautiful day for him: in an instant, that soul that was shrouded and blinded by the failing mechanics of his body suddenly bursts into full bloom and beholds the God that has guided him for so long. God rest his soul.

I was born in 1975. The first President of the United States I remember is Ronald Reagan. I stayed after a class to watch George H.W. Bush sworn in and felt sad because Ronald Reagan was no longer the President. This is a big deal.

I grew up worrying about whether or not the Soviet Union would launch a nuclear attack on us. Thanks in large part to this man, my generation was the last to worry about that. My son will never know that fear; instead, terrorism will be that threat. Tell me again that who's in office doesn't matter?

The man has now passed into legend. May we continue to build and believe in that shining city on a hill just as he did. Thank you, Mr. President.

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home